NewBoCo has created a US Department of Labor recognized Application Developer Registered Apprenticeship. Whether you’re a learner looking to become an Apprentice or a company looking to hire one, we can help!
[Download our Apprenticeship Overview here or watch our video below!]
In the classroom and on the job training!
• No previous coding experience necessary!
• Complete the full program in 20 weeks of instruction.
• Apprenticeship is competency based, not time based.
• 100% of reporting graduates to date have been placed in jobs.
• Average annual starting salary for our graduates has been $58,600.
• Get paid while you attend OR have your tuition paid for by your company.
Interested in an Apprenticeship?
NewBoCo can sponsor your Apprenticeship Program!
The Registered Apprenticeship system provides opportunity for workers seeking high-skilled, high-paying jobs and for employers seeking to build a qualified workforce. Registered Apprenticeship is an employer-driven model, combining on-the-job learning with related classroom instruction and allows the Registered Apprentice to earn a paycheck from day one. Registered Apprenticeship Programs are a proven solution for recruiting, training and retaining world-class talent in Iowa. Since Iowa is experiencing a talent gap with an aging workforce of highly-skilled and experienced workers, this program has the ability to attract a new and more diverse talent pool, close the gap in workers’ skills, and awards an industry credential issued by the Department of Labor upon completion of the program.
New industries are offering opportunities including: information technology, financial services, healthcare, transportation, energy, advanced manufacturing, and hospitality. A Registered Apprenticeship is an appropriate option for all job seekers including women, minorities, youth, people with disabilities, and veterans.
• Effective way to hire hard-to-recruit tech talent.
• Attract a more diverse talent pool.
• DeltaV Code School offers your Apprentice relevant and real world developer skills.
• As the sponsor, NewBoCo takes care of the registration paperwork with the Department of Labor.
• Employers pay a regular wage or stipend while the Apprentice attends DeltaV and/or covers their tuition.
• Apprentices are ready to join your team in as few as 20 weeks.
Visit www.earnandlearniowa.gov to further explore Registered Apprenticeship opportunities in Iowa.
There’s no better place in Cedar Rapids to learn code. Located in the popular NewBo District, our building is full of creators, entrepreneurs, and coders just like yourself.