Intro to Software Development & Careers in Tech
Code 101: Saturday, January 19, 2019
Location: The Geonetric building in Cedar Rapids
Time: Doors open at 8:30am, class starts promptly at 9am; class ends by 8pm.
This is our last Code 101 class before Code 102 starts in February!
1 Day Workshop
9am – 8pm
January 19th, 2019
*100% of the fee for this workshop can be applied as a credit toward Code 102 or Code 201.
The Modern Web
- How the pieces work together
- Building Your Website
Common Tags and Uses
- Integrating style sheets
- Modifying CSS styles
- Sharing code
- Git and version control
- Terminal and the command line
The Tech Industry
- A typical day for a software developer
- Common job titles
- The path to becoming a web or mobile developer
Thinking about a new career in software development? Start here! This one-day workshop is the perfect place to figure out if it’s for you.
You will get a sneak peek of what a career in coding involves, plus a taste of the DeltaV learning experience
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand the basics of what it means to be a professional software developer.
- Create a complete website.
- Know how to deploy your website and be able to share your accomplishments with friends and family.
- Be able to identify whether a career in coding and the DeltaV program is right for you.
Upcoming DeltaV Code 101 Courses
Code 101 – 1/19/19
Our last Code 101 before Code 102 starts in February! Join us at DeltaV Headquarters at the Geonetric Building in Cedar Rapids for Code 101.
Code of Conduct Policy
Punctuality, participation in discussions, completion of assignments, and demonstration of professional courtesy to others are required. Attendance will be taken at the beginning of the workshop. Passing requires attendance to the full workshop.
Can’t attend the workshop after you register? We will refund tuition paid for Code 101 and Code 102 workshops, but only if you notify us by email of your cancellation before 12:00pm on the day before the workshop.