Intro to Software Development & Careers in Tech
Code 101: April 11, 2020
Location: The Geonetric building in Cedar Rapids (415 12th Ave SE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52401)
Optional: Due to COVID-19 concerns this class will be offered remotely via Zoom.
Time: Doors open at 8:30am, class starts promptly at 9am; class ends by 5pm.
Meals: Breakfast and Lunch is provided!
1 Day Workshop
9am – 5pm
April 11, 2020
The Modern Web
- How the pieces work together
- Building Your Website
Common Tags and Uses
- Integrating style sheets
- Modifying CSS styles
The Tech Industry
- A typical day for a software developer
- Common job titles
- The path to becoming a web or mobile developer
Thinking about a new career in software development? Start here! In this one-day workshop, you’ll get a taste of a day in the life of a software developer.
Code 101 is about learning what it looks like to be a software developer through a day-long immersive course for beginners that focuses on front-end web development technologies.
Get a taste of the DeltaV learning experience, find out how websites are built, and code a webpage yourself using professional coding practices.
At the end of this workshop, you will:
- Understand the basics of what it means to be a professional software developer.
- Understand how HTML and CSS work together to create the modern web.
- Create a complete website.
- Know how to deploy your website and be able to share your accomplishments with friends and family.
- Be able to identify whether a career in coding and the DeltaV program is right for you.
Computer & Material Requirements
You are required to supply your own laptop, Chromebook, or iPad with keyboard.
Upcoming DeltaV Code 101 Courses
Code 101 – April 11, 2020
Join us at DeltaV Headquarters at the Geonetric Building in Cedar Rapids for Code 101!
Code of Conduct Policy
Punctuality, participation in discussions, completion of assignments, and demonstration of professional courtesy to others are required. Attendance will be taken at the beginning of the workshop. Passing requires attendance to the full workshop.
Can’t attend the workshop after you register? We will refund tuition paid for Code 101 and Code 102 workshops, but only if you notify us by email of your cancellation before 12:00pm on the day before the workshop.